Wednesday, October 19, 2005
I want to know Him
Philippians 3:10 (NIV)
"I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,"I think this entire verse sums up the "mission" of every believer: to know God. Be it in ministry, school, family, relationships and what say you, our motive should be to know God and to be more like Him.
Semester results are coming out tomorrow and to be honest, I did not feel much peace throughout the week. So I locked myself up in my room the entire night, feeding on His Word.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In ALL your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."And now, I have the peace that surpasses all understanding.
But I want to confess that I am troubled in the area of my relationships. There seem to be this distracting voice that is tempting me, this person who is trying to make me waver in my determination. And it's not like he did anything to re-assure me. In fact, I feel that he's like pushing me away. I only get to see him on weekends and all news is lost in the other 5 days of the week. I know that I love him but it just feels one-sided. I pray that God will show me the next step and eventually, the right path on which I should be on.
Before tonight, I actually asked God for someone to talk to but now, I've decided to turn to God instead. My heart is still troubled. I do not know when this phrase will pass but I know my God is here.
"Why so downcast O my soul? Put your hope in God"Lord, do You know that I am amazed at how You love me?