Sunday, September 11, 2005
The episode at Changi Airport T2
We went out to celebrate CY's 18th Birthday on Thursday. It's sad that we only get to meet up on festivals and occasions. Still, I'm thankful that we take the effort to meet up regularly. I think that it'll be more difficult to do so once CY gets into the army.
So we stuffed ourselves crazily full at the Sakae Sushi buffet. We were counting the number of plates we ate and we lost count. HAHA! We were trying all sorts of crazy stuff like avocado with salmon and stuff like that. We ate and ate until we were bloated and then decided to walk around like sea urchins. (Okok.. I know there's no connection.)
We tried to act like dumb tourists. It's super funny. We were at T2 arrival hall and Pam started out like "I know! Let's pretend that I'm going somewhere and you're here to send me off." Ya sure... send you off at the arrival hall. Ha! We also took photos with any tourist information counter we saw at T2.
We couldn't find the viewing gallery in T2 cause T2 seemed to be undergoing some renovation. In the end, we walked around airport and acted dumb. Seriously, I've never acted this dumb with anyone before. It was super embarrassing when the airport personnel walked by and looked at us like we were idiots. Truth is that we WERE acting like idiots. *Grin*
We took pictures with signboard, purposely pointing in the opposite direction. We acted "sao", retarded, fierce, stupid, cute and whatever you can think of. We stood in front of the lift and acted like we didn't know where the lift button was. We pretended that we were trying to walk in the opposite direction as that of the escalator.
There was this instant when we had to put the timer for the camera. CY's camera timer went "beep" before mine. So our cameras' timers were beeping after each other like a bomb that was about to explode. When the beeping intensified and when shutters eventually came down, the 3 of us just shouted "terrorists!!" That moment was priceless! Ha!
I don't care about what people say. I don't care how dumb we were or that when someone told me that we should start acting our age. I know that we're all 18 and I know it takes more than a camera timer to be terrorists. What matters is that we had a great time. We enjoyed each other's company and we remain in each other's hearts.
So till then, take care, CY and Pam. The next time we meet will be after your A levels. Happy mugging. As for me, like what CY said, "Happy doing assignments."