Saturday, May 28, 2005
Running with Scissors
Last year, at the end of April, I went nuts over a song sang over "Blueprint", a mini series on Channel 5. It's called "Running with scissors".
I've been running around with scissors
I'm getting more and more exhausted
I find myself that I would every time
I wanna cut myself into pieces
I've been running around with scissors
And probably born in the roads unmentioned
I ask myself if I could ever choose
I wanna live my life like I've never lived before"Running with scissors" is actually a metaphor and can be perceived in many ways. I see it as life. We run with scissors every single day of our lives. We cut ourselves and know that it hurts. We clean our wound and let it heal. Sometimes we give up in life and stab ourselves with our scissors, sometimes we pick ourselves up and carry on but in the end, we realise that it is just life.
I found the song after one year but it's in Chinese this time. And it sounds more encouraging. This time, it says that "There will be light after the darkness." Isn't that beautiful?
Jesus is the light of the world. He is my light after this darkness.
I don't think I'll be blogging regularly after school starts. I want to continue to do well and try to get myself into a university in Singapore. If I can't get into a university here, then I'll apply to work in the prison. Singapore Prison Service, here I come!! Whoo Hoo!!