Tuesday, February 01, 2005
Took MC for the day. My immune system was put to the test when I faced the flu virus at home and in school. So now, I'm croaking like the frog princess, if there ever was one.
There are some things I learn from my parents.
Couples have their differences and it is okay to fight. But what a blessing it is to patch up as quickly as you have fought. In the end, you determine that this is your other half and despite the differences, you are quick to forgive and love.
Isn't that a great blessing? I pray that I can find someone like that. No matter how times we may fight, we will always patch up and continue supporting each other all the way.
I was quite fearful last night. My parents were fighting in my presence. Thank God that everything's fine now. I love this practice in my house. Everytime someone fights with another person, all it takes is one night for every sniff of hostility to be removed. It's like the memories of the disagreements just vanish into our dreams. It's awesome. I guess this is what they call "blood is thicker than water".
It's not that I do not want to go to Mount Vernon for Clifford's grandmother's wake. I'm just afraid of that place. A place that burnt my grandfather to ashes; reduced my mother to a little child; took away my beloved friend along with my childhood memories. And I'm afraid the next time I go there, I'll be losing someone else again.
I think I can smell death.