Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Island life!!!

So much has happened in the recent weekend.

First.. Cell Retreat!! Woo Hoo!! I was so touched when Joanna not only invited me there but also invited me to participate in the preparation. First, I miss them. I haven't been back to cell physically for a thousand donkey months but they remember me. Second, they're awesome participants. I led the games part for the BBQ and they were GREAT! After the BBQ, the cell just gathered to play our crazy "Polar Bear"!!!! In the end, I stayed at the chalet till so late that I missed by last bus!!!

Second, I visited Tampines SPD yesterday. Somehow, somehow, I didn't feel that "I'm back" feeling. But I was very ministered by the sermon Fiona gave. I think it was God Who put that longing to go back yesterday. Fiona reminded me of Mr. Yue, DHS VP when I was in Sec1, which was 4 years ago. Yue's motivation to us throughout the year he was there was "Dare to dream dreams". As Fiona preached in SPD yesterday, I was moved. It set me thinking about my future dreams and how God has miraculously put me in an institution which is totally different from the usual path people take. Right now, my prayer is that He will again put in me that strong prompting I had 2 years ago when I chanced upon the poly info. This time, I believe that He is going to lead me to my Uni destination. Many will think that it's still early but it's never early to start praying and dreaming. =)

Current Goal : SMU
Current preparation : Take SAT next May

Thirdly, I went to Sentosa today!! Ok ok.. don't say that it's "again"... It's different this time! Yup yup! This time, Sharon aka Gan Ma and Ben Tan aka Choir Mama, came along!!!! At first I wasn't in a good mood. Coz Jeremy and Jerelyn made me wait an hour!! Next time peeps, if you're going to be late, tell me so I can be late too!!! Anyway, the water is quite cold since the sun refused to peek out... *Glares* I dipped into the water for just what? Less than 15 minutes? At least there wasn't a storm. Realising that we couldn't get any 'sun' tan, we took the dragon trail to Mt Imbiah or however you spell it. To me, it's our spot coz it's always secluded with not a soul in sight. Plus, the view's superb. So we pigged out... with Gan ma being amazed at the amount we eat. HA!

But seriously, what's totally nuts about today's trip was that we found a new program. When Clara, Collin and Johnny went to the dolphin lagoon, I went walk walk since I had nothing to do. Jeremy came along and I actually wanted to visit the haunted place but he brought me to the merlion walk. HAHA!! We had one round of it and decided to go back and get everyone else in it! So... in the end, those who didn't plan to get wet did.

Guess self-control is pretty important if you want to keep to your plans ya?? *Chuckle*

Although Mr. Sun refused to come out, I had fun. It may not seem like years since we last saw each other, but for people who are so used to seeing each other, and supporting each other once a week for many years, this period has seemed like a super long time. Still, as much as we cherished the good old days, we know that we can't possibly turn back and walk the old path again. God call us to look forward and towards Him. Surely, that is enough for now. Look forward and towards Him.

joycelyn appled @ 12:42 am
... The Apple Eater ...

joycelyn yeo jing ci
child of God
priceless junk
loves apples!

Quiz about me Just for laughs.

::: Past Apples Eaten :::

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006

^^ Do you like Apples too? ^^

::: Apples :::

Sharon
Jerelyn
Melody
Sheryl
Kenneth

...Credits...

puppie89
Blogger
BlogSkins
Yahoo
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com