Saturday, June 26, 2004
God- Chasers
Still remember the God-Chasers video we watched in camp? Still remember what was said about God forsaking perfect worship of the angels for our imperfect worship?
I heard the best worship I've ever heard in my entire life. And I felt that Presence which I have not felt for a long long time. It's not the songs that matter in a worship session. So many times I've heard of people complaining of oversinging one song or not singing one song for a long long time. I am guilty of that too. Tonight at MS, I learnt that
it's not the songs we sing, it's the Presence of the King. I was ministered by "You are Holy" which is like an oldie song. And somehow, I wasn't ministered in this way when I sang this song in the past. The presence of God was so strong. He knows that I don't want to understand nor know anymore, I just want to trust and obey. And He comforted me.
And I heard the best worship I've ever heard. A boy with speech problems singing his heart out to God. I was ashamed of myself. That I always looked for perfection during a service that I forgot to worship. That I always cringed when I heard some awful singing or a wrong note played. I felt so ashamed. Coz the boy showed me the true message behind 'God-Chasers'. If perfect worship is what God requires, we will NEVER reach His expectations. We will not even come close to His expectations. So why care about the music or the singing? Care more about the worship.
If the entire world does not know how to love, then let me be the one out of many who does.
"Here in Your courts
Where I'm close to Your throne
I've found where I belong"